Tuesday 7 May 2013

April trip to Yorkshire , Calderdale Pt 2 of 2

This is part 2 of my blog from my trip to Yorkshire in April.

While I was up in Yorkshire I took a trip to Haworth to see the Brontë Parsonage. Haworth is famous for being the home of the Brontë sisters: Charlotte, Emily and Anne. The Brontë Museum is located in the original Parsonage.

The house was laid out approximately as it would have appeared at the time the Brontës lived there. Unfortunately it was not possible to take any photos inside the house but it was surprisingly small for such a large family.

Bronte Parsonage

I also had time to go around the grave yard in front of the house. It was very large, packed with graves. The average was in the low 20's.

St Michael And All Angels Church Yard

I got the chance to go inside St Michael And All Angels Church and have a look around. Below is a picture of the plaque inside the church dedicated to the Brontë family.

Bronte Plaque inside St Michael And All Angels Church

No comments:

Post a Comment